James Alexander Malcolm McKenzie Fraser
and why he is the BEST book boyfriend of probably ALL time. 10 REASONS
I started the Outlander series by Diana Galbadon late in its life. Only 2 years ago did I discover this talented author and the world she had created nearly 26 years ago. I fell in Love.
There was a lot of hoopla surrounding the series and the NEW television production by the STARZ network. This is when I decided to open the book and read it for myself.
(From previous experience with the HBO True Blood series I knew how they could take a set of great books and completely tear them and the characters to shreds.)
I wanted to get the author's original vision before I started the show. And boy, am I ever glad that I embarked on the fabulous journey of time travel and the most awe inspiring love story of all time. (I consider the story more epic than Pride and Prejudice by the great Jane Austin.)
Jamie, in my opinion, is what every woman wants in a man.
Here are my
Top 10 reasons.
1. He is tall (6'4), red-haired (described as a deer pelt), Scottish, devastatingly handsome, and has an accent that will make you swoon every time you hear it. However, Jaime is marked by scars all through the book at various times through the series. Each scar lends to his bravery and heroism. Also, his love, as Claire carves a "C" on his thumb..
"A Highlander in full regalia is an impressive sight--any Highlander, no matter how old, ill-favored, or crabbed in appearance. A tall, straight-bodied, and by no means ill-favored young Highlander at close range is breath-taking."
2,. He's wise beyond his years, (At the beginning of the series Jamie is only 22 years old. Born in 1721. The book begins when Clair travels to 1743.)
3. He's charming.
4. He's extremely Loyal.
5. He has a wonderful sense of humor. "Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach. But it would ha' been a good deal easier if you'd only been a witch." (Chapter 25, "Thou Shalt Not Suffer a Witch to Live", p. 406
6. He's educated and actually listens to Claire when she speaks and trusts that she tells him the truth.
Honestly, I could go on and on about Jamie's amicable qualities.
7. Jaime speaks multiple languages. Gaelic, English, French, Spanish, German, Latin, Italian, Greek, a little Chinese and Hebrew,
8. That KILT and those sexy as hell knees. I have to give credit to the Star Sam Heughan for making me realize this is an overlooked body part.
9. He has beautiful nicknames for Claire. Who doesn't love endearments?
10. He's an incredible Father and Foster Father.
THE TELEVISION SERIES
Season One- Volume One Season One - Volume 2
2017 Wall Calendar
World's Sexiest Knees.